We don’t usually like to throw around terms like “industry leading” and “first of its kind,” but our new report into how dealers communicate with customers is something pretty special. At least, we think so!
Are you feeling a sense of optimism about this summer? I hope so. We’re on track to ease lockdown, businesses are starting to open their doors again, and people are starting to think about the future (it also helps that the sun is starting to shine again!) For dealerships, thinking about the future is likely to involve building back bigger and stronger after the pandemic – part of which is making sure that your customers love you and recommend you to their friends and family. But how do you achieve that?
Often it can feel like understanding what customers really want from you is a bit like finding a needle in a haystack – or like throwing darts while blindfolded. There are lots of things you could try to delight customers, but knowing which ones will work is tricky.
At least, it was, until now.
Introducing the 2021 Dealership Customer Engagement Report
At Autino, we saw this challenge among our customers and decided that we wanted to help solve it. So, we interviewed hundreds of dealerships – and hundreds of their customers – to find out what delights customers when it comes to how you engage with them. We also asked dealerships what they were seeing from their customer base, and the challenges they were facing when dealing with customers.
The result is our report, which distils our research into five key findings:
- Customer expectations are rising – including 84% of aftersales managers saying customers expect a near-immediate response to enquiries.
- Easy and auditable communications are essential – yet 82% of service advisors use the phone as their primary communication method.
- Personal service is key to loyalty – and dealership customers may not be as loyal as first thought.
- Current tools don’t address the customer challenge. In particular, dealerships are struggling to enable any member of staff to engage with any customer, providing a seamless service.
- Digital solutions could ease time pressure and boost satisfaction – including providing faster communications, personal service at scale, and a premium customer experience.
These findings give dealers a great guide to what’s happening at other dealerships across the country, and even lets them benchmark themselves against others. Crucially, it provides some priorities for those dealerships who want to improve the way they engage customers, but aren’t sure where to begin.
Effective communications ease the burden
Getting hold of the report couldn’t be easier. Just click here to be taken to an online form. Pop your details in, and download the report. And then kick back over an afternoon coffee and enjoy!
Once you’ve read the report, we’d love to know what you think of it. If you have the time, you can email us at email@example.com or get in touch on social. Every bit of feedback will help make our 2022 report even more interesting and useful to dealerships everywhere!